As an employer you may not always know the laws that pertain to employing a caregiver. Diamond Personnel ensures that their employers are compliant with all legal requirements that are involved with hiring a local or overseas caregiver. The following is a list of some employment rights that are necessary to ensure you are up to date with the current labour regulations;
– All caregivers are to be paid for every hour that they are working.
– Overtime must be paid in accordance to the labour standard laws in your province.
– Proper payroll deductions must be remitted for your caregiver.
– A workplace free from any form of abuse. Physical, mental sexual, Etc.
– Caregivers have the right to copies of all documents relating to the position that they are filling. Including contracts, pay stubs etc,
– Paid public holidays, which includes all statutory holidays.
Although we have mentioned a couple of the universal rights of caregivers, each province has different laws and regulations that you may need to abide by.
The following link will clarify the laws relating to caregivers in your specific province.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/caregiver/wages.shtml – Live in caregivers
Alberta Employment Standards-
British Columbia Employment Standards
Manitoba Employment Standards
New Brunswick Employment Standards
Newfoundland Employment Standards
Nova Scotia Employment Standards
Ontario Employment Standards
Prince Edward Island Employment Standards
Quebec Employment Standards
Saskatchewan Employment Standards
Northwest Territories Employment Standards
Nunavut Employment Standards
Yukon Employment Standards