Ten must ask questions during a caregiver/Nanny interview.
When interviewing a caregiver you want to get a feel for how he or she is going to be when you’re not around. You want to ask questions that are not generic and require detailed answers. Look at your caregiver’s body language, make sure they seem confident when they answer and look to see which questions make them nervous. Speak slowly and clearly to make sure your question has been grasped.
The following questions are in no specific order
– Why do you want to be a caregiver?
– What would your ideal day as a caregiver look like?
– Tell me about a problem you had with your previous employer and how you solved it.
– How would you handle a temper tantrum or an uncooperative client?
– What do you think makes a person successful?
– How flexible are you with working overtime hours or weekends?
– If a child was choking what would you do?
– What do you think people like the most about you?
– How do you take initiative? Give an example
– What would your former employer say about you?
Spending more time on an interview with your soon to be caregiver is highly recommended. They will be responsible for taking care of your loved ones and home. Contact us here at Diamond Personnel and see how we can help you with all of your interviewing questions.